Statement of Beliefs
Confession of Faith
1. That the Holy Bible, as originally written, was divinely inspired.
II Timothy 3:16,17
2. In One God, eternally existing in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The three, one in essence and attributes, yet distinct in office and activity.
3. In the personality of Satan, the unholy god of this age.
4. That the material universe, including man, came into being by direct creation of the Word of God and not by evolution.
5. That man was created in innocence but fell by voluntary transgression, that because of this fall all men are now sinners by birth and must be born from above to be fit to fellowship with God.
6. That Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
7. That the salvation of a sinner is wholly of grace and made possible alone through the vicarious death of Jesus Christ upon the cross of Calvary; that there is salvation in none other; and all that is necessary for salvation is an acceptance by faith of His finished work.
8. That justification includes pardon for sin, the gift of eternal life, and perfect standing before God.
9. That the local church is a congregation of immersed believers, associated by covenant of faith and fellowship in the Gospel; that the local church has the absolute right of self-government and is answerable only to the Holy Spirit, her Administrator, and the Lord Jesus Christ, her Head; that in all matters of membership, policy, discipline and benevolence, the will of the local church only is sovereign.
10. That there are two church ordinances – Baptism and Communion. Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water.
11. In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost, and that all who receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
12. In the personal, visible, pre-millennial, pre-tribulation return of our Lord for His Church and in His post-tribulation return in glory to judge the living nations.
13. In the thousand year reign of our Lord upon the the earth, ending in apostasy, and the Great White Throne judgement of the wicked.